What Punter Data Online Casinos and Bookmakers Gather
Indian online casinos and bookmakers honestly warn their customers that they are collecting details about them. These actions are carried out legally, comply with the requirements of local legislation and allow firms to provide punters with the highest quality and targeted services.
Here is some details about the players which is collected by gambling and betting portals in India:
- Data provided when filling out the registration form;
- Info sent by e-mail or other communication methods provided on the resource;
- Recordings of a conversation between a client and support agents;
- Details of payment transactions for balance replenishment and withdrawal of funds;
- Data about duration and date of the user’s visit to the site;
- Other details.
Legal operators guarantee the safety of all the info they gather about their users. This applies, among other things, to confidential and contact data provided by players in the process of creating a private cabinet. Most often these data include:
- First name, last name, gender and date of birth;
- Data about the country, province, city, residential address and postal code;
- Email, mobile phone number and IP address.
It is possible that a min amount of info will be taken from you during registration, but you will definitely provide it in full during the data verification procedure.
How Do Online Casinos and Bookmakers Use Punter Data
Having collected the necessary amount of punter info legal Internet casinos and bookmakers from India utilize this data for these objectives:
- Providing the punter with a full range of account management capabilities;
- Implementation of the betting algorithm;
- Providing detailed information about bonuses (previously, the player must agree to this. This usually happens during the registration process);
- Analysis of customer preferences;
- Tracking transactions to prevent money laundering and the financing of international terrorism;
- Ensuring compliance with all internal regulations and requirements of the regulator.
Protection of User Data
Indian punters can not be afraid about the safety of their data. Legal online casinos and bookies guarantee that the info they gather will be reliably protected by modern SSL encryption technologies. Dedicated servers are utilized to store it, to which fraudsters do not have access.
Player details are disclosed only to the operator’s partners who help it grant high-quality offerings to customers. These include:
- Email and SMS providers;
- Voice call suppliers;
- Live Chat providers;
- Payment services providers;
- Game suppliers.
Each of these companies is also guaranteed to protect user data, in accordance with its obligations.
We have already mentioned above that Indian gambling operators and bookies reliably protect the payment data of their customers. Only legal services are utilized to conduct transactions on their platforms. All money transfers are securely defended by encryption technologies and firewalls. There is no chance for third parties to gain access to this confidential info.
About Anti-Money Laundering Policy
Online casinos and bookmakers in India regard these following actions as money laundering:
- The use of funds for gambling/betting that were obtained as a result of criminal activity on the territory of another country;
- Deliberate concealment of details about the real source of funds that were actually obtained from illegal and criminal activities;
- Conducting any actions by the player aimed at laundering illegally obtained funds in order to conceal their source or assist criminals.
Remember that the operator is obliged to notify the authorized authorities about all suspicious actions of the user.
Mandatory Actions that the Client Must Perform
AML Policies of gambling and betting sites in India involve clients taking a number of actions that allow operators to effectively implement its provisions. So, punters should do this:
- Confirm that they have no information or suspicions that the money they use for gaming activities was obtained from criminal activities;
- Affirm the agreement with all measures and policies that the operator undertakes and conducts to successfully combat the financing of international terrorism and money laundering;
- Immediately inform the support agents about situations in respect of which there are suspicions that the money was received by another user illegally.
Verification of Users
Every online betting and gambling operator that legally works in India verifies the identity of its users. This allows such companies to prevent bonus hunters, scammers, criminals, minors and punters suffering from gambling addiction from using the services. Most often, identity verification is a prerequisite for the player to be able to withdraw winnings.
During the verification process, the player must provide data proving his identity and residential address/registration. Not infrequently, gambling/betting operators also request a document confirming the user’s solvency. Thus, you may be asked:
- Passport/ID card or other document confirming your name, surname, date of birth. There should also be a clearly distinguishable photo on the document;
- The receipt for payment of utility services is not older than three months from the date of issue;
- Additional documents. This is usually required if a player is suspected of being involved in money laundering or the financing of international terrorism.
In the process of identity verification, the data provided by Gambler is compared with the data of persons who have been involved in international terrorism. This information is transmitted to bookmakers and online casinos by authorized bodies.
Usually verification takes a little time, and you will receive a notification about its successful completion. If there are inaccuracies in your personal or contact data, you will be contacted by the support agents of the site whose services you utilize.